7.25.2005

Fantasy Football

You should have just received the email inviting you to join league.

The rules are pretty much the same. However, I made a few changes to increase the scoring a little bit. Similar to officials throwing the flag more often for illegal contact to WRs.

- This year there will be no delegated TE roster spot. Instead I added a TE/ WR spot that will allow you to start a WR or a TE. That way teams will not be penalized for not having one of the three best TEs in the league. I would name them, but why give you the knowledge for free?

- I added the RETURN YDS. category for teams to get points for WRs that also return punts and kicks.

- The point breakdown for QBs is standard, except I changed the completion yds./ point to 1 pt. for every 35 yds. thrown, down from 50 yds.

- For RBs (a much debated topic) I decreased the yardage output from 20 to 15. So now, for every 15 yds. a RB gains you will get 1 pt. People have asked in the past that it be even more lenient, but I believe points should be granted to TDs, not so much for yards gained. So if you draft ________ and you know he doesn't get the ball on the goaline, you shorted yourself.

- This year I changed the waiver for signing free agents to 1 day. That will allow teams to put claims in for a player, but the lowest ranking team that puts in a claim will receive the player. I think it kind of evens the gap between the good and bad teams.

- This year 6 teams will make the playoffs. If we happen to have 12 teams, the number will jump to 8.

- This year we will attempt to have a live draft. As of right now, I have set the date and time for Saturday, August 27th at 7 PM. Hopefully, this is enough time for everyone to get their schedules straight. A live draft seems to be easier than the automated one, until you are on the clock and have two minutes to select a player. The first 3 rounds are easy, but the middle rounds may have you acting like Minnesota and almost missing your pick.



B, pointed out that we want teams to be active throughout the season because it makes it better for everyone. The thing is, you really can't make someone play. But, you can check the option that allows me, The Commish, to edit your roster. That way if you are not near a computer, but need to make changes, I will be able to do it for you. I am not sure where this feature is located, but I believe it is during the registration process.

If you have any comments, concerns or questions holla at me by posting it on the homepage of our league.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home